|1 tsp||Vanilla extract
||Shop-bought banoffee sauce
|1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 3/160°C
2. Whizz the biscuits in a food processor or place them in a bag and crush with a rolling pin. Tip into a bowl, add the melted butter and stir well to coat. Spoon into a 20.5cm/8" round springform tin and press firmly to make the base 1cm/ half inch thick.Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes, then allow to cool.
3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, caster sugar, soured cream, vanilla extract and cornflour until smooth. Gradually add the eggs, a little at a time, and pour the mixture over the biscuit base.
4. Beat the banoffee sauce to loosen, then add it to the cream cheese mixture and swirl the two together with a skewer.
5. Line to outside of the cake tin with strong foil so that it covers the bottom and sides in one large piece. Repeat with another layer of foil and then place it into a roasting tin. Bake in the oven for one and a quarter hours until browned and firm. Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake there for 15-20 minutes more.
6. Remove the cheesecake from the oven. Unwrap the foil and allow the cheesecake to cool. Refrigerate for 3 hours. Remove it from the fridge 20 minutes before serving.